Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally!


This may be Citygirl's first gardening post, and I only wish that I could get myself to the nursery to plant a veg garden, but living in the desert, does have some drawbacks other than horribly dry skin, and always being thirsty. Nothing really grows here, which I'm sure it could be done, and there are people right now that have lovely gardens here, I just simply haven't attempted anything that elaborate. I can kill a common house plant in record time. I read Alice Waters' plea to the White House when Obama was elected, for a sustainable garden. These photos today of a breaking ground of a veg garden, is just the kind of thing that keeps me loving the new first family, even if there have been some interesting decisions made in the first 70 days or so. Bravo first family!! I can't wait to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment