Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Guerilla Knitting

It seems as though I'm the only one that didn't know this was going on...people all over the world are knitting in place of using spray paint, or other more permanent types of Graf art. Now, I'm not suggesting that all Graf is bad, and I don't think that many types of art that we are all comfortable with would exist today if it wasn't for these people. That said, I'm inspired to a. learn to knit, and b. start randomly doing this in Las Vegas. This is the old lady coming out in me I guess. I know this because yesterday I saw a station wagon Volvo, and thought it was cute, and practical, and safe and wouldn't mind driving one....I know, pretty crazy. Anyway, read all about these cute girls at smh.com.au (where I found some of these images, as well as some flikr accounts that have TONS of pics of Guerilla Knitting!) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment